This is sort of like a follow-up to the Donna Hay classic brownies. Too much chocolate in my diet?! A woman has to get her daily dose of cocoa isn't it?
I shall not deny that I expected them to look much nicer. But.. I can't grumble too much since I used ramekins instead of a springform cake tin as stated in the recipe. And I learnt that I shouldn't have pressed my raspberries too deep into the chocolate as the brownies rise while baking.
Do I like these brownie tarts more than the classic brownies.. Nah. I think not. The raspberries add a tinge of sourness to the brownies.. Somehow, I like my brownies pure and 'unadulterated'. Oh well, but these were worth a try anyway, they looked so pretty in the magazine!
Dark Chocolate & Raspberry Brownie Tarts (adapted from Donna Hay)
200g dark chocolate (70%), chopped
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup single cream
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
250g raspberries (I used much lesser than recipe stated)
chocolate ganache (I skipped making this as it was just too much chocolate)
300g dark chocolate, chopped
1 cup single cream
- Preheat oven to 150*C. Place chocolate, butter, sugar and cream in a medium saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth
- Place the eggs and flour in a bowl and whisk well until combined
- Whisk in the chocolate mixture until combined
- Pour into 4 x 10cm round lightly greased springform cake tins lined with non-stick baking paper and top with the raspberries
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until cooked with tested with a skewer
- To make chocolate ganache, place the chocolate and cream in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth.
- Serve the tarts with the chocolate ganache.